This recipe came from odd circumstances I had decided to quit smoking "that's it I done" told my family. Well going cold turkey wasn't the easiest thing I've done. So one day I look in my fridge and see a couple of my favorite cider ale in there, knowing at I can not drink them (any former smokers know what I am talking about) beer and smoking, wine and cheese, chocolate and strawberries they just go together. So with my last two wonderful beers I made this dinner for my family and we are all the more happier for it. Hope you enjoy. —ZombieCupcake
- Serves 6 to 8
Granny Smith Apples Core and Sliced
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Red Potatoes Cut into 3/4" pieces
Medium to Large Carrots Sliced
Medium Size Onion Chopped
- Place steak, apples, parley, sage, tarragon, and pepper in a container or storage bag pouring two 12oz bottles of Apple Cider Ale in. Let marinade for 3 to 4 hours.
- After marinading for a few hours cut up your vegetables place in the bag. Let sit for another 2 to 3 hours.
- Now there is two ways to do this. I like the grilling approach (less dishes in the end) turn on to medium high on one half and medium on the other or turn oven on to 400 degrees (here you go if you don't have a grill or are intimidated by it)
- Take the steaks out setting aside on a plate. Drain the marinade from the vegetables. Once done place vegetables sealed up in foil with olive oil and oregano. Place in grill on medium high side or oven for 1 hour opening up the foiling at 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before vegetables are done place your steaks on medium side of the grill giving 5 minutes a side (or alittle longer if you like longer if you want it more well done). Note: you could put these on a counter grill
- Now enjoy!