Author Notes: This is easy. Not easy as in "the crown rack of lamb nearly prepares itself." This is "I don't want to use a mixing bowl, a knife, or a cutting board" easy. Use inexpensive boneless skinless chicken thighs, a good jar of marinated artichoke hearts, ciabatta rolls, and you're nearly there. If you like charred bits, don't be afraid to use the broiler at the end. —Burf
Makes: 6 sliders
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Jar of quartered marinated artichokes (my favorite comes in a 14 oz jar)
tablespoons Dijon mustard
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons sour cream
ciabatta or hard rolls
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lay the chicken thighs in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pick the artichoke hearts out of the jar and scatter around the baking dish, reserving the marinating liquid in the jar.
- To the jar with the marinating liquid, add the mustard, maple syrup, and salt. Put the lid back on the jar and shake until mixed completely. Pour the contents on top of the chicken thighs and artichokes and stir until the completely coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs and bake for another 20-30 minutes. If desired, broil until the the chicken looks delicious. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream until combined. Place a thigh, a few artichokes, and a smear of sauce on each roll. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast