If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Chesnut biscuits but I decided to add marzipan paste to them because I love almonds —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 25-35 biscuits
- 230g cooked chestnuts
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp tablespoons marzipan paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- Using an electric mixer, grind the chestnuts.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, spices and salt, then gradually add diced butter and marzipan pasre to obtain a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30min-1hr in the fridge, until firm.
- Preheat oven on 300-325F
- Roll out the dough (1cm thick). Cut out round cookies with a cookie cutter. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tbsp of water and coat the cookies with egg yolk. Sprinkle with a little bit of sugar
- Bake for 20 minutes. The middle can still be soft when you take them out of the oven.