If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is so versatile and so good! You can make variations of this by using different types of greens or other green vegetables. You can also add some white beans for some extra creaminess and protein. My 3 year old is pretty much anti-vegetable now, however she LOVES this soup! —glddstgpsy
- 1 Sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup quick cook brown rice
- 1/2 bunch kale leaves (torn from stems)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- goat cheese
- hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon red or white wine vinegar
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large pot until well caramelized.
- Add chicken broth, thyme, and rosemary, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, and add brown rice and kale leaves to the pot. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes (or until the rice is done and the kale is tender).
- Remove from heat. Pour contents of the pot into a blender and puree. You may have to do this in several batches.
- Mix the pureed batches all together back into the pot and stir in vinegar.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer) and hot sauce. You may also substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream for the cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast