If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The use of different mushrooms and fragrant ingredients gives this soup a really wonderful depth of flavour. Quick and simple to prepare and a wonderful result. Perfect as a starter for a dinner party or at any time of the day. —GourmetVegan
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vegan margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 340 g white mushrooms, chopped
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms soaked in 1 pint vegetable stock
- 60 ml vegan white wine
- 30 ml mushroom ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 200 ml water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 120 ml vegan single cream
- Heat the coconut oil and vitalite over a medium heat and fry the portobello and white mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the garlic and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine, 1 tablespoon of the chopped tarragon and the vegetable stock plus the porcini mushrooms that have been soaking in the stock. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Put into a blender or processor with the extra 200 ml of water and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan, add the other 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon and the vegan cream and heat through. Season with the salt and pepper and stir well.
- Serve with a dash of cream on top.