If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tasty and nourishing recipe. Adapted from joy the baker. Perfect quick soup. —ami@naivecookcooks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, chopped (about 1 med onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil or thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1.25 cups potato, peeled and chopped (about 1 medium size potato)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes or to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice or to taste
- 5 tablespoons fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over med heat. Add onions and saute for around 5-7 mins till translucent. Add garlic, basil and salt and mix and saute for 2-3 mins more. Add potatoes and saute 5-6 mins.
- Add water and let it simmer for 15-20 mins or until potato pieces are fully cooked. Add red chili flakes and spinach leaves. Bring the gas to low. Stir and cook spinach leaves for 4-5 mins. Turn off the gas. Let it cool down for a minute or two.
- Puree soup in an immersion blender or in regular blender. Once smooth pour it back into the pot. Taste for salt and adjust.
- Before serving add lemon juice, red chili flakes and feta cheese on top. Serve warm.
- Hope you enjoy this soup over the weekend.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast