If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So tasty and creamy, it almost tastes cheesy! This soup is velvety smooth, but has very little cream. In fact, you could leave out the half and half and it still feels sinful. And a cinch to make. —HeartBellyAndSoul
Makes 10-12 cups
- 1 Head Cabbage (Green)
- 3 Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 Carrots (large, peeled)
- 3 Celery stalks
- 2 Bacon Slices (thick cut)
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 cup Half & Half
- Chop vegetables and baccon into roughly 1 inch pieces, and place in large soup pot. Rough Chop the garlic and add to pot. Cover with the water and vegetable broth, and add the seasonings. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle vegetables and broth into a blender, working in batches. Blend until smooth and transfer to a large bowl on another large pot.
- Stir in the 3/4 Cup Half & Half. Serve warm, and top as desired. Great with sour cream, bacon, cheese, green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast