If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy version of corn fritters adapted from ricotta pancake recipes. The recipe can be adapted for intolerances, made sweet or savoury.
Serve these pancakes with a tomato relish or avocado. —i.m.
Makes 20 medium size pancakes
- 2 cups ricotta. This can be replaced with cottage cheese, yoghurt or silken tofu
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1-2 ear of corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Firstly, cook the corn, either cook in simmering water, or char on the barbeque. Set aside to cool. Cut the corn off the cob.
- In a large sized bowl, gently mix the ricotta the egg yolks. Stir in the flour and cumin and then add the milk. Mix till well combined.
- Add corn to egg yolk mix.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt to soft peaks. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- This recipe works best when the mixture is rested in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight. The mixture will thicken.
- Heat a nonstick frypan over medium heat. Add a tbs of olive oil. Add a large spoonful of mixture to pan, cook gently on either side till lightly brown.