If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple and delicious way to add cabbage to your diet. Loaded with vitamin C, and an excellent source of fibre, with ingredients you can get locally, this salad is sure to please all year round. —Dani Renouf, RD, MSc, CDE
- 3 cups red cabbage
- 3 cups green cabbage
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bragg tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together liquid ingredients for the dressing.
- Shred the cabbage into thin ribbons (by hand or in food processor). Add to bowl. Slice the red onion and apple thinly and add to cabbage.
- Top with remaining ingredients and toss.