Author Notes: Armenian rolls - Good snack for anytime of the day!
Adapted from Desert-Candy —[email protected]
For Dough :
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2.25 teaspoons yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
For filling and glaze:
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pre heat oven to 325F. Combine flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl. In a small bowl combine egg and oil. Warm up the milk. Add the milk to the flour mixture, then add in the egg mixture to make a smooth, elastic and not sticky dough. If sticky add more flour.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes. The dough won’t rise like other bread doughs, so don’t worry.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces, cover and let them sit for around 20 minutes.
- Roll one ball of dough out to a very wide thin circle. Spread a thin layer of the tahini mixture. Starting at the longest edge, roll up the dough into a rope. Holding one end of the rope, start folding up so it makes a coiled bun. Gently flatten the bun with the rolling pin or with your hand. Place on a greased or lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg, then sprinkle a few sesame seeds over top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Enjoy. Keep them in air tight containers. They taste good by themselves or smear them with butter.