eggplant, cut into four slices
g pine nuts
clove of garlic
large slices of Ciabatta
tablespoon lemon juice
g ricotta, soft or firm
In This Recipe
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the sliced eggplants. Fry for 5-8 minutes until soft and golden. Season to taste. Add the sugar and reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine pine nuts with garlic and olive oil. Make a paste using an electric mixer. Season well. Spread paste on slices of ciabatta. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the pear. Cut into clices. Sprinkle with lemon juice and some sugar. Heat some olive oil in a pan. Once the pan in warm enough, cook the pears for one minute on each side.
- Crumble or slice ricotta cheese
- Take the ciabatta out of the oven. Lay one slice of eggplant, pear and ricotta. Set in the oven for another 2 minutes until cheese starts melting. Serve warm and enjoy!