If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My first try at a Strudel/Strietzel but I used pear sauce and almond paste —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 strudel
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 350g pear sauce
- 200g almond paste
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- icing sugar to decorate
- For the filling, mix almond paste, pear sauce, warm milk and icing sugar. The mixture should be smooth and be easily spreadable.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet, lengthwise. Spread the almond paste mixture down the middle of the dough, leaving a 3 cm border free on each side. Fold the pastry lengthwise and seal the edges of pastry by pinching extremities together.
- Preheat oven on 400F. Whisk egg and brush onto top of pastry
- Bake for 30-40 min. If Strudel turns golden too quickly, cover with aluminum. Decorate with icing sugar