If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chopped Liver(Not Kosher) —cookbooksareforeveryone
Serves 8 appetizers
large chopped onion
tablespoons chicken schmaltz (rendered chicken fat)
pound rinsed and drained chicken livers
chopped asian pear or apple
tablespoons half &half or heavy creme
- heat big old heavy frying pan
- melt 2T chicken schmaltz
- add chopped onions and shake until browned(about ten minutes)
- add chopped pear or apple
- add chicken livers and cook until centers are pink (about 15 minutes) add T of sherry heat for another minute
- transfer to bowl of food processor and blend in short blasts (if you like it super creamy then let it run for a minute) Add Half & Half and blend season with salt & paper.... careful not to over salt
- heat T of chicken schmaltz in same big ole frying pan and saute sliced shallots until really dark
- transfer liver to a nice porcelain ramekin or glass bowl spread shallots on top and chill. Liver is even better the next day.