If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 300g tempeh
- 4 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 60g cornflakes, crumbled
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant
- 4-6 tablespoons green or red pesto
- 4 tablespoons parmesan
- Cut the tempeh into 8 slices, not too thick.
- Put the flour, salt and pepper in bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, parsley and cornflakes in another bowl. Crack the two eggs in bowl and whisk
- First, dip the tempeh squares in flour, then in the eggs and finally in the cornflakes and breadcrumbs. Put on a plate and chill for at 30 minutes
- In the meantime, cut the eggplant into 8 squares. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Set aside
- Heat some canola oil in skillet and fry the tempeh until golden, app. 3 minutes on each side.
- Preheat your oven on 350F
- Spread some pesto onto each slice of eggplant. Put a square of tempeh on top and wrap two sides of the eggplant around the tempeh. You can use toothpick to make sure it stays closed. Repeat this step for each square of tempeh.
- Put the involtinis in an oven dish and sprinkle with some olive oil and parmesan.Set in the oven for 5-10 minutes (it depends on your oven), mostly to re-heat the dish.