If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are serious Friday night cocktail people who celebrate the martini and bloody mary with vigor! This dish, served with bacon, came to me after a few of those favored drinks. It was an immediate hit! We now serve them every time there are stiff drinks to be had. I love sophisticated, painful recipes; itâ€™s a way of life for me. But, soooooooometimesâ€¦ simple food is just damn good. —Robyn Grace Jennings
pieces Bacon, best quality fatty bacon you can find!
tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
tablespoons Corn flakes
teaspoons Sesame seeds
Black pepper, freshly ground
Fresh herbs (Optional)
- Cook bacon on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees for roughly 8 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove bacon and allow to drain on paper towels. Let pan sit for a few minutes to cool.
- In pan with bacon grease, make 6 piles of cheese with 2 tablespoons of cheese each.
- Top each pile of cheese with 1 tablespoon of corn flakes, while first crushing a bit in your hand. Mash down gently.
- Top each cheese and corn flake pile with a teaspoon of sesame seeds and a grind of black pepper.
- Place back in oven and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown on the edges, almost half way to the center of each wafer.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes in pan. Then, pry those babies up. They will firm up as they cool. Serve with bacon and top with fresh herbs if you like. I don't know why these are so addictive, they just are - it's salty goodness with a fabulous texture! And why wouldn't you serve your guests bacon with drinks?
- Note on cookie sheet: It's your choice to use a silpat or non-stick surface. However, I prefer the results on just a standard cookie sheet. Yes, they are messy. I just soke the pan in the sink right away and give it a good scrub later. Just a part of my cooking martyrdom.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal