Author Notes: I had a lot of oatmeal and a lot jam to use and I had guests coming who are on a gluten free diet. I remembered a recipe in old cookbook and decided to try substituting oat flour for the all purpose flour and butter for the margarine. I tweaked a few of the other ingredients and - Wow! If you want these to be gluten free be sure the oats and the jam are labeled, "Gluten Free". —judye
Makes: about 24
cup Oat flour
cup Brown sugar (firmly packed)
cup Cold Butter
cup Jam or preserves
cup Chopped pecans (optiona)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine everything except the butter, jam and pecans in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Cut butter into chunks and add to processor. Pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- If you prefer you cna cutthe butter into the dry ingredients with our finger tips or a pastry blender.
- Reserve 11/2 cups of the crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Spread jam over the pressed crumbs. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal