If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a lot of oatmeal and a lot jam to use and I had guests coming who are on a gluten free diet. I remembered a recipe in old cookbook and decided to try substituting oat flour for the all purpose flour and butter for the margarine. I tweaked a few of the other ingredients and - Wow! If you want these to be gluten free be sure the oats and the jam are labeled, "Gluten Free". —judye
Makes: about 24
cup Oat flour
cup Brown sugar (firmly packed)
cup Cold Butter
cup Jam or preserves
cup Chopped pecans (optiona)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine everything except the butter, jam and pecans in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Cut butter into chunks and add to processor. Pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- If you prefer you cna cutthe butter into the dry ingredients with our finger tips or a pastry blender.
- Reserve 11/2 cups of the crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Spread jam over the pressed crumbs. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal