If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After receiving a gift in the mail from a hometown friend of a treat she loved from a local shop, I decided it needed to be recreated. A fabulous dessert on a stick; it was Rice Krispie Treats molded on a stick that were dipped in chocolate and then covered with nuts. It was also a huge mess to make in the home kitchen and even though so good, really sort of hard to eat. OK, I may have overdone the size a bit. And I thought it needed caramel...you know, why not go over the top right?
What resulted were these bars...the same ingredients but in a more user friendly shape. They are simply divine as is; bet you can't eat just one!
I decided to keep the intent but revise the method and came up with these bars. They are the perfect blend of sweet, salty, crunchy, gooey, chocolate —Creative Culinary
Makes 18-24 pieces
- 1 pan Warm Rice Krispie Treats; using browned butter in the recipe at http://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats.html
- 12 ounces chocolate chips or discs
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 packet Kraft caramels
- 2-4 tablespoons Half and Half
- Sea Salt to taste
- Using a double boiler or microwave on low setting, melt the chocolate. Pour it evenly over the warm Krispie Treats
- Spread the chocolate to the edges of the pan and immediately scatter the nuts over the chocolate;gently press them into the warm chocolate.
- Heat the caramels and half and half in a saucepan on low heat until the caramels melt and combine with the half and half. (I used my immersion blender to speed up the process but a whisk will do the trick, just be more patient than me!).
- Add a few pinches of sea salt to the caramel mixture to taste and mix well.
- Drizzle the caramel evenly over the top of the pan of Rice Krispie Treats.
- Cool. Cut into rectangular bars or squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal