If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I absolutely love cauliflower! It's so versatile, but my favorite way to eat it is just steamed with a little salt or soy sauce--this is a delicious addition and practically guilt-free as the cheese sauce is "lite", and split between 3 people you'll only end up with about 3-4 grams of fat per serving. Steam the cauliflower leaves as well--they taste almost exactly like the cauliflower anyway--as additional vitamins plus the green leaves add a nice color to the dish! —BeijingRose
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower, cut into chunks, with the leaves included
- 3/4 cup Fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free buttermilk powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Low-fat cream cheese with Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup COLD water
- salt to taste
- Wash the cauliflower and using a small knife, cut the "trees" cleanly from the bottom core and place in a steamer. Cut of the leaves as well and add them to the top of the pile. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and steam for no more than 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the evaporated milk, buttermilk powder, garlic powder, white pepper and grated cheddar to a small saucepan or pot on low heat and whisk until the cheese is melted, then add the cream cheese--whisk again until mix is smooth.
- Have a half cup COLD water in a bowl and add the cornstarch and whisk until smooth then add to the cheese sauce and heat on medium, whisking until all the cornstarch mix is incorporated (no lumps) Take the sauce off the burner and let sit for 10 minutes to thicken a little more.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a nice bowl and put the steamed green leaves around it Pour on the cheese sauce and serve!