If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Been craving a wonderful smoked salmon sandwich lately.... seeing as I am vegan however, this proves to be a bit difficult. I decided to mock up something that would look similar, and taste spectacular! Using beautiful papaya, delicious macadamia nut cheese, fresh greens, and some sprouts - nothing could have been more welcome at lunch hour than this little gem! —Shanna Jade | Kiss My Bowl
Macadamia Nut Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts - soaked for 1.5 hours
- Juice from half a Lemon
- Zest from half a Lemon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Grains of Paradise
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Organic Rice Milk
Open Faced Papaya Carpaccio Sandwich
- 3 pieces Dense Rye Bread
- 1 bunch Fresh Arugula
- 1 Papaya - thinly sliced
- 1 handful Fresh Sprouts (alfalfa & clover are perfect)
- 2-3 Macadamia Nut Cream Cheese
- Nut cheese is very simple to make! Toss all ingredients, whole, into a blender and whirl until smooth and creamy!
- Plate the pieces of rye, slathering a generous amount of the macadamia cream cheese over each slice. Next layer with a decent handful of arugula, and as many slices of the papaya as desired. Finish with the fresh sprouts! Garnish with some papaya seeds and sliced lemon.