- Serves 4-6
1 1/2 cups
bunch carrots, leafstalks only
bunch radicchio, leafstalks only
In This Recipe
- For the dough, mix together flour, salt and olive oil. Add water gradually and knead by hand in order to form a ball. Add more water or flour if needed. Roll out the dough on a floured space and arrange in your pie plate covered with parchment paper.
- Remove the leaf stalks and cut them into small pieces (keep the vegetables for another recipe). Wash them well and blanch in salted water for about a minute. Drain well in order to remove as much water as possible.
- Spread out the breadcrumbs on the dough then arrange the leaf stalks on top.
- In a bowl combine cream and pesto and pour on top of the greens
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and arrange on the pie. Put as much as you like. Finally sprinkle with pine nuts (again as many as you like)
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350F until dough is cooked and cheese has melted. Just make sure the pine nuts do not burn.