Author Notes: Oh the holy trinity of balsamic vinegar, onions and red bell pepper. Add a fried egg and a tortilla wrap and you can call it dinner in less than 20 minutes. I promise. —sel et poivre
- 2 medium size red onions, cut in half then into 1/2 cm (around 1/4 inch) slices
- 1/2 medium size red capsicum, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pieces tortilla wraps
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Indonesian hot sauce (Indofood/ ABC brand) or Sriracha
- 2 eggs
- Lightly TOAST BOTH SIDES OF THE TORTILLA wraps on a skillet. Set aside.
- FOR THE VEGETABLES: On the same skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Sweat the onions until translucent. Add in the red capsicum and cook some more, stirring often for about 8 minutes until they caramelise. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and let cook some more for about a minute. Check for salt. Reserve.
- Using the same skillet, FRY THE EGGS over low heat until the white is set but the yolk still runny.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE WRAP, spread 1 tablespoon of sour cream and a dollop of hot sauce on each tortilla. I used 1/2 a tablespoon of hot sauce for each tortilla, but feel free to adjust. Divide the vegetables over the two wraps and place an egg on top of each. Wrap to your liking and enjoy! Feel free to use your hands to eat, but I have to warn you that it can get a bit messy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar