If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beans in different kinds and sizes, and in different colors and structures. Something beautiful on your plate, (because people like to eat things that look good, it's a fact) but also as simple and pure as possible... —Mirjam Leslie-Pringle
- 1/2 pound (frozen) broad beans
- 1/4 pound fresh haricots vert
- 1/4 pound Giant white beans
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 Red onion
- Handful of flat parsley
- 2 teaspoons cilantro seeds, coarsely mashed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 chili flakes
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Bring some water to boil, chop off the ends of the haricots vert, and blanch them for 4 minutes. Rinse them and cool them in ice cold water for a few minutes before draining.
- When you use white giant beens from a can, rinse an drain them as well.
- Again, bring some water to boil, toss in the (frozen) broad beans, and blanch them for just a minute. Rinse, and pop them out of their shells.
- Put all the beens together in a large, wide bowl, cut the onion in very thin half rings and add as well.
- Roughly chop a handful of flat parsley, and add to the salad.
- Chop 1 garlic clove, and grate the zest of a lemon, set aside.
- Cush 2 tsp of cilantro seeds, add 1 tbs of mustard seeds (don't crush!) and half a tsp of chili flakes. Heat the 4 tbs op olive oil, and add the seed mix. Wait until the mustard seeds begin to pop, and pour over you salad.
- Add the zest and the chopped garlic, season with salt and fresh ground pepper, and enjoy a very good and crispy triple color bean salad!