If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: About halfway between Memorial Day and Labor Day I start to get tired of my usual burgers, hot dogs, and chicken. The gaminess of lamb imparted with the smoke of a BBQ is a great change from the usual. I pair these moist lamb burgers with a minty yogurt sauce reminiscent of Greek or Middle Eastern lamb dishes, but you could always top with your go-to favorites! They also make fantastic sliders if you're cooking for a group or just cutting down on the meat! —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 4 brioche burger buns or 8 slider buns
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine the lamb, garlic, shallot, salt, Worchestershire, tomato paste, and half the mint together in a bowl. Mix together with a fork, being careful not to over mix the meat. Form into burgers or sliders without compressing the meat too much. Grill to your desired doneness, for medium rare I usually do 3 minutes on the first side and an additional minute on the second side.
- Combine the rest of the mint and the parsley with the yogurt and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto the burger (on a bun) and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue