If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a recipe I made up the other day using ingredients I had in the house —Dave MP
teaspoon white peppercorns
teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
pieces star anise
cloves of garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
stalks of celery, chopped in bite-size pieces
package of firm tofu
teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 - 3/4
cups broth (vegetable or beef)
- In a mortar and pestle, crush the peppercorns and the star anise until fine.
- Heat a wok until it's smoking, then add about 1 T of vegetable or peanut oil. Throw in the garlic and cook for about 20 seconds, then add celery.
- Cook celery for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and let simmer until tofu is completely heated.
- Turn down heat, then add oyster sauce. Stir until oyster sauce is completely incorporated.
- Serve with white rice.