If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a hot sunny day, there is nothing like a spoonful of spice and tropical flavors. On a cold winter day, there is nothing like a spoonful if spice and tropical flavors. On a week night, there is nothing like a 20 minute, no effort meal that lifts your spirits after a long day at work. This glaze just loves chicken wings, but it also works wonderfully with pork chops, pork tenderloin and salmon. —QueenSashy
Spicy Pineapple Glaze
ounces pineapple preserve
tablespoons cider vinegar
teaspoon soy sauce
teaspoons sriracha (or according to your taste)
teaspoon red pepper flakes (or according to your heat preference)
pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- If you are using a chunky preserve, process it in a blender until smooth. In a saucepan over medium heat cook the preserve until it begins to melt, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining glaze ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- Season the wings on both sides with salt. Reserve half of the glaze. Brush the wings with the remaining glaze and place on a wire rack suitable for oven. Place the wire rack on top of a large baking pan and then put everything under the broiler (and not too close to the broiler, otherwise the wings will burn). Broil the wings about 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until skin is crisp and juices run clear. Brush the wings with the remaining glaze and grill for another 5 minutes, turning once. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast