If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect twist on walnuts. The amazing toasted crunch and sweet/spicy flavors really complement each other. I especially enjoy them on top of mango sherbet (adding a bit of tartness to your taste buds). Enjoy! —Mariya
ounces olive oil
cup pomegranate liqueur
teaspoons brown sugar
dash of cayenne pepper
cup bitter-sweet chocolate medallions
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add walnuts; toast until light brown (about 2 minutes).
- Add liqueur, brown sugar, and cayenne and cook until nicely caramelized.
- Turn the heat off and add chocolate; once melted, incorporate all nuts in sauce.
- Serve warm over ice cream or fruit, or cool and enjoy on their own!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift