Author Notes: This is a perfect twist on walnuts. The amazing toasted crunch and sweet/spicy flavors really complement each other. I especially enjoy them on top of mango sherbet (adding a bit of tartness to your taste buds). Enjoy! —Mariya
ounces olive oil
cup pomegranate liqueur
teaspoons brown sugar
dash of cayenne pepper
cup bitter-sweet chocolate medallions
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add walnuts; toast until light brown (about 2 minutes).
- Add liqueur, brown sugar, and cayenne and cook until nicely caramelized.
- Turn the heat off and add chocolate; once melted, incorporate all nuts in sauce.
- Serve warm over ice cream or fruit, or cool and enjoy on their own!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift