Author Notes: This is a recreation of my favorite Whole Foods salad. The detox salad. Bursting with colour and flavor, it is one nutritious powerhouse. The recipe makes a lot so you can enjoy packing fast and easy lunches throughout the week. It's a great salad that can be customized to fit your own tastes. —Jennifer Trennum
Makes 8 cups
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 1/2 cups of roughly cut cauliflower florets
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dired currants
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the broccoli florets into a food processor and pulse until chopped very fine. Empty out into a large bowl.
- Do the same with the cauliflower florets. Depending on the size of your food processor you may have to work in batches.
- Next add the carrots and pulse until finely chopped and add to the bowl along with the broccoli and cauliflower. Give it a good stir to mix everything together.
- Stir in the parsley, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and currants. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- To store: keep refrigerated in a tightly sealed container. I like to keep it in a big sealed glass container because I find that the glass keeps the salad fresher than plastic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs