If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know the name is an oxymoron, but this is quick to prepare, even if it takes a while cooking! Usually I spend a lot of time making my meals from scratch, but sometimes I'm in a rush and throw something together that ends up pretty delicious! It's vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and smells great as you walk in the door. —Jenb42
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-6 tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you want your chili)
- 1 pack Soyrizo
- 28 ounces can whole tomatoes
- 15 ounces can black beans
- 15 ounces can pinto beans
- 15 ounces can kidney beans
- 2 cups good store-bought salsa- I used Trader Joe's chipotle-garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn (or regular)
- Chop onion, carrot, & celery. Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry onion, carrot, celery until soft. Add garlic and stir-fry 1 more minute. Add chili powder and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables to pot. Stir-fry chorizo for 3-4 minutes, add that to slow cooker. If you like, deglaze pan with some tomato juice from the canned tomatoes and add that.
- Squeeze tomatoes between your fingers until they're in pieces and add to slow cooker. Drain & rinse beans, add to slow cooker. Add corn, salsa, & salt.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Eat with your favorite chili toppings.