If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Will this be the molecule that could change the DNA structure of my aching breast?
LOVE IT! I was trying to come up with 800 ways to eat a Maitake Mushroom. Then one night, it hit me. ICE CREAM!!! I didn't think it would work. I made the first batch using regular sugar. What was I thinking? Forget about the brain freeze, the ice cream was so sweet I could hear my teeth cracking. I couldn't taste the mushrooms and it took too long to make. Here is the my new spin on this creation. P.S. I discovered this exotic wonderful sweetness: Pure,unrefined,fair trade,vegan and baker-friendly organic cane sugar by ALTER ECO. It gives this recipe a smooth vanilla caramely vibe. I use it instead of dates when I am on the fly. Only in moderation.
—Lump in the road
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 fresh organic maitake mushrooms
- 1/2 vanilla bean split open
- 1/2 cup Alter Eco organic mascobado cane sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pure coconut butter
- 1 pinch sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened vanilla coconut milk by Dream blends. Not canned
- 2 fresh,pitted,chopped organic apricots
- Simmer the mushrooms in two cups of fresh water with vanilla bean for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain the mushrooms well. Reserve your mushroom brew and vanilla bean for another recipe. Put mushrooms in blender. Add in the sugar,coconut butter, apricots, sea salt and only 1 cup of the coconut milk. You will use the remaining coconut milk towards the end of this recipe.
- Pour mixture in ice cubes and freeze until brick hard.
- Pop the frozen ice cubes in the blender. Pour in the remaining coconut milk 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time. Make sure the lid is on tight. Blend on high speed. You are looking for a creamy ice cream texture. Serve and enjoy. There will be no leftovers to store. Trust me.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert