If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What do you do with all those cucumbers in your garden? Here’s a quick refreshing salad that goes well with cold and hot dishes alike —Susan E. Levy
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 green onions, light green parts only, finely chopped
- Place cucumber slices in a bowl and add pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Gently stir to coat cucumbers and marinate for 15 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- For dressing, stir together the yogurt, dill, and green onions.
- Drain cucumbers, then add to dressing and stir to blend. Garnish with dill.
- Per serving: 86 calories, 5 gm protein, 15 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fat, 4 gm cholesterol, 1 gm fiber, 340 mg sodium (50 mg sodium without salt)