If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the season of summer BBQs, grill-outs, and park picnics, this Southwestern Corn and Avocado Salad reigns supreme both as a stand-out side and easy-breezy main meal. It's cool flavors of sweet corn, creamy avocado, and crisp bell pepper & onion are lightly enveloped in a zesty vinaigrette piquant with cumin and lime.
Bonus: The avocado, lime, and cilantro are delightfully reminiscent of guacamole, which in my opinion, always disappears WAY too fast at these types of events! —KvellintheKitchen
- 2 cups corn, canned or grilled & shaved off the cob (4 ears)
- 15 ounces (1 can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, plus zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salad greens, for serving
- Combine corn, beans, avocado, bell pepper, onion, & cilantro in a large bowl.
- Make dressing: combine olive oil, lime juice & zest, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk dressing, and add to large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Split into 4 portions, and serve on top of salad greens.