If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Armed with a couple of ears of corn, a few grape tomatoes and a lone zucchini, I decided to dress this little salad with honey, lime and mint. Easily doubled or tripled and totally refreshing! —inpatskitchen
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears raw corn
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and dice into 1/4 inch pieces. Toss with the teaspoon of salt and then place the mixture in a colander to drain for about 45 minutes. After that time, rinse thoroughly and drain well.
- Slice the kernels off the ears of corn. I like to do this in a large mixing bowl to avoid kernels flying all over.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half and then combine them with the zucchini and corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey and lime juice together and then pour over the salad and toss.
- Slice the mint leaves thinly, stir into the salad and then season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side