If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once you get this, you can use the same formula with just about any veggie, whole grain, or protein dish and save the “trying new recipes” thing for when you have time to kill. —HeatherPierceG
heads of broccoli
cup olive oil
garlic cloves, peeled
Juice from 1 lemon
- Cut off broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces.
- Toast hazelnuts (good to do a big batch ahead of time!). Roughly chop.
- Steam broccoli: fill a saucepan with a few inches of water, fit with a steamer basket, bring to a simmer. Add broccoli florets, sprinkle with sea salt, and cover for about 5-7 minutes until bright green. You should be able to easily pick up with a fork.
- In another saucepan, heat up olive oil over medium heat, add garlic cloves and stir occasionally until garlic turns golden brown.
- Take off heat, add lemon juice, a sprinkle of salt, and chopped toasted hazelnuts. Stir to combine.
- Place broccoli in a serving bowl, pour oil and nut mixture over broccoli and enjoy!