Author Notes: Couscous is one of my pantry staples. Why? Well, it is healthy, quick to cook, filling, versatile and easy on the wallet. So, why not? And this is a perfect way to use up your herb bounty during the summer months. I tend to serve this lemon, lime and herb couscous with the ‘sweeter’ stews, curries or vegetables to cut through their sweetness. —Bintu
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
cups boiling water
handfuls of herbs eg mint, cilantro
scallions finely sliced
- Add the couscous, juice and zest of the lemon and lime, salt and water into a bowl.
- Stir everything very well, then cover with a plate and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then stir it again and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Using a fork fluff up the couscous and add in the herbs and spring onions and stir till well mixed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs