If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Couscous is one of my pantry staples. Why? Well, it is healthy, quick to cook, filling, versatile and easy on the wallet. So, why not? And this is a perfect way to use up your herb bounty during the summer months. I tend to serve this lemon, lime and herb couscous with the ‘sweeter’ stews, curries or vegetables to cut through their sweetness. —Bintu
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
cups boiling water
handfuls of herbs eg mint, cilantro
scallions finely sliced
- Add the couscous, juice and zest of the lemon and lime, salt and water into a bowl.
- Stir everything very well, then cover with a plate and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then stir it again and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Using a fork fluff up the couscous and add in the herbs and spring onions and stir till well mixed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs