If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Frittatas are a good go to dish when looking for something quick and easy for brunch or supper or even breakfast. Store cupboard staples eggs form the base of this dish whilst asparagus, feta cheese and thyme complete it. Other fillings can be anything you have in your pantry / fridge. Seriously courgettes, beans, peas, swiss chard etc. —Bintu
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes quatered
- 3.5 ounces feta cheese cubed
- Pre-heat the grill /broiler.
- Remove woody stems from the asparagus and chop spears into 4 portions.
- Heat oil in a non stick cast iron pan and add in asparagus and onion and sauté for a few mins until soft.
- Whist vegetables are frying break eggs into a large bowl.
- Remove thyme leaves for the sprigs and add these in to the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper and whisk very well and then add in the tomatoes and feta cheese and mix again.
- Then transfer the cast iron pan to the grill and cook top of the frittata till it is set on top and slightly golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe