If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Szechuan or regular peppercorns
- 1 star anise, broken into pieces
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed herbs, such as basil, cilantro and mint
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high. In a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, combine first 5 spices and smash or pulse until pulverized. Stir together spices, ketchup, sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Add wings to grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss grilled wings with reserved sauce. Top wings with herbs and drizzle with remaining oil and rice-wine vinegar.