If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Guilt-free bolognese! Turkey bolognese with zucchini pasta! —Inspiralized
- 2 1/2 large zucchinis, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, lean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 celery stick, diced
- 1/2 whole carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon red hot pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces can of crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano flakes
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Add your carrots and celery to a food processor and pulse until chopped finely. There can still be chunks, just no big ones. The end mixture should be somewhere in between chunky and pureed.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Once oil heats, add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in red pepper flakes, cook for 30 seconds and then add in the onions. Cook onions for 1-2 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add in carrot/celery mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Push the veggie mixture to the side and add in the ground turkey, crumbling as you add. Crumble with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add a pinch of the oregano flakes. Cook turkey until the meat is no longer pink.
- Combine the veggies with the turkey and season with another pinch of oregano flakes. Add in the chicken broth and cook until reduced (water evaporates).
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and season generously with salt and pepper. Add in the remaining oregano flakes. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add in the zucchini pasta and mix thoroughly to combine. Plate onto dishes and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Feel free to eat this while wearing a bikini!