If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A couple of weeks after making my last batch of Vietnamese Salad rolls, we had a craving for something similar but to be honest I didn't want to spend the time wrapping them! So I ever so slightly adapted the sauce, added a tonne of veggies, used the same type of rice noodles and left out the rice paper wrappers to create this great salad. We've had it two times this week. It’s great at room temperature or chilled so it also makes a great potluck or BBQ dish. —Ceecee Lee
Peanut Sauce Dressing
- .5 cups hoisin sauce or paste
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use sriracha)
- .5 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2-3 limes, Juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
Rice Noodle Salad
- 6 ounces thin rice vermicelli, cooked and rinsed cool
- 5 medium carrots, shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut on the diagonal
- 1 bunch basil and/or cilantro, roughly chopped
- Toss noodles and veggies into a large bowl.
- Add peanut dressing. Toss again (I usually just use my hands to toss it as it is the easiest way to make sure the dressing is mixed thoroughly with the noodles).
- Serve. Can be refrigerated or served at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side