If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy. portable, summer-time no fuss salad that can be eaten cold, room temp or just when cooked. Eat at a picnic, your front porch or anywhere in between! —olive
medium chopped onion
cloves chopped garlic
bunch swiss chard
pinches dried red chilies
1 or so
cups cooked white beans
splashes good chicken stock
splashes extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until softened
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add a few pinches of dried red chiles
- Toss in chopped chard and stir, cook until wilted but remaining some crunch and texture
- Stir in white beans and warm through
- Splash in a bit (roughly one half cup) of good chicken stock to moisten, let reduce
- Correct seasoning + Plate drizzling over extra virgin olive oil
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side