If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A raw, vegan take on a key lime pie with a chewy crust, tangy citrus filling and perfectly creamy texture thanks to avocado. —Posie Harwood
Makes 1 pie
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 1 pinch salt (generous)
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- To make the crust, pulse all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a coarse meal and begins to come together. Press into a 9 inch tart or pie pan and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, blend the cashews, agave nectar and coconut oil in a food processor until smooth. Add the avocados, lime juice, lime zest and salt and blend until airy and smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.