If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These lettuce wraps make such a delightful snack at any party/a summer picnic or even a light lunch! The combination of the creamy avocado with refreshing heirloom tomatoes is so great with the tanginess from the lime juice that it leaves your mouth watering for more. —themessimake.com
- 3 Heirloom tomatoes - chopped
- 1 avocado - chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa - makes ~2 cups cooked quinoa (I used black and red quinoa)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- In a mixing bowl, toss the chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice. Once everything is mixed and coated well with the condiments, refrigerate the mixture while you cook the quinoa. You want all the flavors to seep into the veggies.
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the box/bag it came in. I usually cook it in water (1 cup uncooked quinoa to 1 1/4 cup water) and add some salt and a slice of lemon or lime to flavor it.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and set the individual leaves on a platter. Scoop 3 tbsp of cooked quinoa onto each leaf of lettuce and then spoon the tomato-avocado mixture.
- Serve cold as an appetizer, side dish or even a healthy lunch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe