If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Bruschetta is a lemony, garlic rich fresh tomato salsa to use on crostini, margherita pizza, egg quiche or on anything else. It tastes great heated, cold or made into gazpacho. My sister in law says it is good enough to take a bath in, my friend Jane puts out a little bowl then hides the rest so she can eat it alone with a spoon. Seriously delicious.
Mix a cup into eggs for quiche with cream cheese and shredded zucchini.
Top store bought naan bread with drained bruschetta,fresh mozzarella basil for margherita pizza. Mix in a chopped jalapeno, fresh cucumber, peppers and top with cilantro for gazpacho. Heat 2 cups of drained bruschetta, julienned basil and add alfredo sauce for an awesome pasta sauce. Go wild, change up the lemon for lime add onions, cilantro,jalapenos and green chiles for salsa. You are gonna love having this stuff around. Summer tomatoes are the best, but it works with store bought year round. —Pamela Honkanen
Makes 3-4 cups
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh italian parsley, reserve 2 tlbls for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Chop tomatoes in food processer into coarse chunks.
- Add salt, then strain in fine strainer for a few minutes to remove some of the tomato juice.
- Place in serving bowl, Mix in lemon juice, pepper, minced garlic and pepper.
- Sprinkle with reserved parsley, serve with toasted crostini.