cups cooked red Quinoa
cup sweet barbecue sauce
cups spinach leaves
cup Italian bread crumbs
In This Recipe
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken thighs in a baking pan. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken, and let marinate until oven is heated to 350 degrees.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- Once chicken removed from the oven, let cool off for 10 minutes.
- Chop chicken into 1/4th inch or bite size pieces and set aside.
- Make sure oven still remains on 350 degrees, in order to bake the stuffed tomatoes.
- In a large pot, add your cooked quinoa with the chopped chicken. Turn stove onto a medium-low heat and stir quinoa mixture. Add spinach, and continuously stir until well mixed, and then set aside.
- Cut the top of each tomato and remove the inside in order to create space for the quinoa mixture.
- Add the filling into the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the tomatoes, making sure that the mixture is well covered.
- Take a baking tray and spray with cooking oil
- Place tomatoes on the baking tray and into the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tomato skin begins to crack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe