If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cups soup stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 medium English cucumber, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F (425F for convection ovens), arranged tomatoes and pepper slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with olive oil, roast for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor puree tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, basil and garlic.
- In a large saucepan heat soup stock, add pureed vegetables, heat to a slow boil, add salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook's notes: * use bell pepper color of choice, I found red or orange work best to keep a deep rich color to the soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe