If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy has become my favorite word since I gave birth to my second baby and this recipe delivers it with plenty of flavor. I got my tomatoes at the local farmers market and they were just perfect. I am sure this played a big rol in the out come of the recipe, so pick the best available tomatoes you can get! —Mi Budare
- 1/2 pound your favorite pasta
- 1 pint multicolor grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup packed freshly chopped basil
- Preheat your grill. You want it very hot.
- Put the tomatoes in skewers and brush them lightly with olive oil.
- Boil water for the pasta and cook it to your like.
- While the pasta cooks, grill the tomatoes brifly. The idea is to chard the skin while keeping some of the firm texture of the tomatoes.
- Drain your pasta if you have not already. Top with the tomatoes, drizzel with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Top with the fresh basil and serve inmediatly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe