If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was born the other evening, using grilled zucchini and tomatoes from the garden. I noticed the pack of bacon in the fridge had an uneven number of pieces, so I thought it was important to even that out and dice a slice to put in the salad! I served this with grilled chicken breast, brined first and then marinated after. This salad is so versatile; for instance, you could swap the basil for cilantro, lemon for lime, and add avocado. I was going to add corn, but as it came off the grill, and I shucked it, it just begged to be eaten off the cob with butter, salt, pepper and a dash of smoked paprika. —Blixie
Serves 2, as a side
- 2 small tomatoes
- 3 zucchini, halved and grilled
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 piece cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons fruity olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cut each tomato in to eight wedges. Put in a medium bowl.
- Slice the grilled zucchini halves into 1/4 inch slices, add to the bowl.
- Chiffonade/slice the basil leaves thinly, and add them to the zucchini and tomatoes.
- Squeeze the lemon half over the tomatoes, zucchini, bacon, and basil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything
- Add salt and pepper, and toss.
- Enjoy! This tastes even better after sitting for about a half an hour, at room temp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe