If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another example of how versatile Quinoa can be! Accidently created this dish at work after slightly overcooking what was intended to be a salad. I paired it with smoked salmon , a poached egg , and some cashew pesto and proved to be a firm favourite amongst the regulars. —Alex
- 1 cup Quinoa of your choice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 handful Grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dill
- 1 tablespoon Wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Rapeseed oil
- Rinse the Quinoa thoroughly under cold water then add to pot with the salt and bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes then set aside
- Whilst the quinoa is still hot, add the parmesan, parsley, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and rapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper to taste then give it a very good mix (a kitchenaid or kenwood fitted with the paddle attachment works is perfect for this)
- Form the quinoa mix into ring molds 1 inch thick, pressing down firmly to make sure there are no air pockets, set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan until moderately hot and fry till golden on both sides. Serve with smoked salmon and a poached egg for delicious results or whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!