If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little bit of Southwestern flair makes this protein-packed, whole-grain salad pop on any buffet table! This keeps well at room temperature for hours and is great for lunch next day (and the one after that, and the one after that...) —Sarah
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried quinoa, well rinsed
- 4.75 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4.75 cups no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- .25 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- .75 teaspoons ground cumin
- .75 teaspoons ground coriander
- .25 cups cilantro, minced
- 5 scallions, minced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil in a large pot.
- Add quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes, then fluff with fork and cool to room temperature.
- In a large serving bowl, combine beans, tomatoes and peppers, then add quinoa and toss mixture together.
- In a small bowl or pitcher, whisk together oil, lime juice, spices, cilantro and scallions.
- Pour dressing over the salad, toss once more and chill 8-12 hours before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe