Author Notes: I originally got this recipe from Epicurious, I decided to bump it up and came up with this. I don't add the tomato,avocado and cucumbers unless I think the salad will be gone. I cut them up and add to separate dishes so they don't get soggy and people can add what they like. I prefer the black Quinoa but you can use any kind. I have also added different kind of beans it dose not matter what you add or take away from the list of vegetables it still turns out. —Fran McGinty
- 1 cup black Quinoa
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Corn cut off of cob
- 3/4 cup Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Cucumbers
- 3/4 cup Tomato
- 3/4 cup Pea Pods or frozen Pea's
- 3/4 cup Torn Spinach Leaves
- 1 or 2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse Quinoa well, add 1 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 teaspoon salt cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, covered, set aside to allow all the water to get absorbed and to cool, add red wine vinegar.
- Cut vegetables to bite size pieces and add to Quinoa.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans or use fresh cooked and add to Quinoa.
- Prepare Dressing
Cumin Lime Dressing
- 5 tablespoons Fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 Shakes of Hot Sauce
- Mix dressing ingredients and add to Quinoa salad. Mix well serve room temperature or cold.