If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish can be served as a delicious appetizer or side. Fresh garden tomatoes and ceci marinated with the spiciness of the cracked black pepper feta gives the quinoa a very unique taste. It has been a hit all summer long with my friends and family! —Janine Vairo
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup canned ceci beans (garbanzo), drained
- 2 large garden tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinches of sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of crumbled black pepper feta
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until the water no longer foams. Bring the quinoa, salt and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender about 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, stir in the ceci beans and garden tomatoes (marinated in olive oil, salt, oregano and red wine vinegar), garlic, lemon and lime juice, and olive oil. Add in crumbled black pepper feta cheese (I discovered this at Whole Foods). Then season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Add tortilla chips for presentation and to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe